Avoid Osteoporosis by Changing your Diet.
Osteoporosis is a condition described by fragile bones.
As we grow up, the body loses calcium and this affects the bones. For women is most common this kind of disease. But you can change that condition by following a special diet and you will maintain your current level of bone mass.
Most of the people think that bones stay strong from birth until death. But, the truth is that are made of cells that continuously renewing themselves.
Most important thing that bones need to remain strong is calcium. Older people have calcium deficiency. When they are young it is different and they can stay strong despite it, but when they grow up that lack of calcium can cause weak bones that break very easy.
Here are some tips to follow so that you can consume the necessary calcium and keep your bones strong.
Diet for healthier bone:
- Eat dairy products – Milk and other dairy contain vitamin D. If you are on a diet for losing weight, it is better to drink low-fat or fat-free milk, yogurt and cottage cheese.
- Go for a walk while it’s sunny –The best way to get vitamin D is from direct sunlight. Use sunscreen to filter the UV rays while your skin is exposed to the sun.
- Stop smoking – You are at greater risk for osteoporosis if you smoke.
- Start eating beans – Beans are an excellent source of protein. They also contain fiber, calcium and vitamin D. Beans are low in fat, so have as many as you want.
- Do not drink alcohol or soft drinks –Start drinking water, at least 6 glasses per day.
- Add salmon to your diet- salmon is good for your heart and it is also a great source of calcium.
Give to your body the calcium it needs with a healthier lifestyle.